The Executive Administrator is responsible for performing executive administrative duties for the Executive Director and Deputy Director. S/he will also have a significant role supporting the operations of the Development department. The position requires extensive knowledge of business administration and office practices and procedures. In addition to administrative duties, the Executive Administrator will be responsible for coordinating, directing, and managing special programs, functions, and activities as assigned.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates Executive Director’s calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itineraries.
- Screens, routes and responds to the Executive Director’s emails and calls.
- Arranges Executive Director’s mail in priority order and follows up as requested.
- Composes general letters and reports for Executive Director.
- Completes and submits expense reports for Executive Director after travel.
- Prepares proposal transmittal letters for Executive Director’s signature.
- Provides administrative support to Deputy Director and IMAN Board of Directors, including scheduling meetings, preparation of agenda and meeting materials, travel, meeting minutes, and follow-up calls.
- Oversees filing system and management of key documents.
- Sets up lMAN tickler system to ensure follow-through on projects and requests.
- Checks deadlines on incoming requests and follows through on administrative tasks.
- Represents office as liaison to internal and external contacts.
- Reviews, discusses, and follows through with requests for speaking engagements.
- Acts as recording secretary and prepares action minutes for meetings.
- Prepares and coordinates materials for conferences and other meetings.
- Creates and edits presentations and completes other writing correspondence.
- Assists with responding to RFPs, including drafting, formatting, copying and proofreading responses as well as maintaining records of responses to RFPs.
- Assists with the planning, facilitation and/or implementation of projects, special events, and/or programs.
- Assists with donor and foundation data management in e-Tapestry.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school. Five to seven years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Intimate familiarity with and a proven track record of navigating diverse sectors of the Muslim community
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- High attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to prioritize appropriately
- Ability to work efficiently with detail under time constraints
- Excellent customer service, negotiating, and team building skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and work independently and as a team member
- Ability to solve problems independently
- Ability to develop correspondence based on broad guidance
- Advanced knowledge of various computer applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience working in a nonprofit environment preferred
Competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate