Volunteer Journalism Instructor
IMAN is seeking a passionate individual to develop a group of 13-15 youth leaders around the areas of critical thinking, journalism, editing, and social media. This part-time position is from March-June 2014. It requires the instructor to lead a 2 hour after- school session 2 days /week alongside a Marketing Instructor.
- Teach diverse groups of students through a structured curriculum, involving demonstrations, discussions, and activities organized for optimal learning around crucial social and community issues
- Instruct students in the proper use, care and safe handling of digital media equipment.
- Foster and sustain a positive, innovative, results-oriented work environment.
- Create a final project with the students to display learned materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, or related field.
- Excellent computer skills
- Basic knowledge of social/community issues
- A positive outlook and flexibility, especially in stressful situations
- Ability to skillfully plan and implement a 2 hour lesson plan
- Ability to work with diverse groups of youth
For more information or to apply contact Farhana Arif at firstname.lastname@example.org