2018 Sacred Cypher Creatives
APPLY BELOW FOR OUR 2018 LAUNCH!
Sacred Cypher Creatives convene for three in-person cohort gatherings as well as a series of online opportunities to connect virtually between gatherings over the course of a one-year period. Additionally, each Sacred Cypher Creative will receive an Artist & Community Residency at IMAN’s campus in Chicago or Atlanta, and attendance to the IMAN Artist Retreat. Exact dates for cohort gatherings, virtual sessions and residencies will be finalized at the start of the program. A tentative calendar outline is below.
- Sacred Cypher Creatives first cohort is announced!
- Virtual Orientation
- 1st Cohort Gathering
- Cohort Residencies & Virtual Check-ins
- Monthly Virtual Check-ins
- Artist Retreat Planning
September 30th-October 2nd 2018
- Artist Retreat
- 2nd Cohort Gathering
- 3rd Cohort Gathering
It is expected that every member of the cohort will attend each in-person and virtual session in its entirety.
Sacred Cypher Creatives receive:
- (1) Residency at IMAN in either Chicago or Atlanta to present work supported and/or developed during the course of the program
- Collaboration Opportunities with fellow Cohort Artists
Community & Engagement
- (3) Cohort Convenings to deepen connections with IMAN and each other
- Monthly Virtual Sessions
- Training in IMAN’s Arts-Centered Community Organizing and Healing model
- Confirmed attendance to the IMAN Artist Retreat
- $2500 Unrestricted funds to support artistic projects and development
- $1500 Artistic & Community Residency
- Travel and accommodations are covered by IMAN for all Sacred Cypher Creatives events
Sacred Cypher Creatives engage IMAN through:
- Serving on the Planning Committee for the Artist Retreat
- Complete a community engagement project in connection with one of IMAN ongoing initiatives
Monthly Virtual Sessions
- Provide feedback and collaborative brainstorming to support the growth and improvement of IMAN’s Arts & Culture initiatives and programs
Before You Apply
- Preview application questions here.
- You must first apply to the IMAN Artist Roster before accessing the application for the Sacred Cypher Creatives.
- Note: The application does not allow you to save your responses and then return to complete the form at a later date or time. We recommend that after reading the application, you complete your application answers in a separate document and then return to the copy/paste them into the form when you are ready to submit.
- Read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for applying to the IMAN Artist Roster and 2018 Sacred Cypher Creatives.
- Return to the main IMAN Artist Roster page to see important dates and deadlines for submitting your application.