Community Café: Streets Edition – Video Contest
With IMAN’s 15th Anniversary Takin’ It to the Streets just over two months away, we are for the first time providing artists from across the city, region and country with the unprecedented and extraordinary opportunity to open up for Streets 2013 headliner, Black Star with Ali Shaheed Muhammad. (1) Read the Streets Audition video contest rules, and (2) submit the video of your best and most inspiring work online by Wednesday, April 24. Seven winners from the Audition will earn a “Live Audition” slot at this month’s Community Café on Saturday, April 27. An all-star panel of judges and the audience will select the winner, who will secure a 10-minute slot before the Black Star performance on Saturday, June 15th in Marquette Park.
1) The video submission must be of an original piece of work of any genre.
2) The video must be less than 3 minutes long.
3) IMAN’s Community Café is a family friendly space. So, we ask that the material contain no profanity: Your submission will have a reduced chance for consideration if it does.
4) You must be able and willing to come to Chicago on your own, if selected as one of the seven finalists selected to perform live at Community Café.
5) You have two weeks from tonight to send us a link to your video. The deadline will be 11:59 PM on Wednesday, April 24th.
6) However, IMAN will only consider the first 40 submissions. As such, you are encouraged to submit your videos as early as possible.
7) If you are one of the seven finalists, you will be notified by 1:00 PM on Thursday, April 25th via email. You will, then, have until 11:59 PM on Thursday to respond with a confirmation that you will be at Chicago’s Community Café, and that you will be ready to perform on Saturday, April 27th. Sound check will be at 4:00 PM.
8) If you are selected as one of the seven finalists, but you are not on site for sound check by 4:30 PM, you will forfeit your slot.
9) A panel of judges will provide critique of your performance and, then, audience members will be asked to vote. The winner will be announced at the end of Community Café on April 27th.