Hourly Research Assistant Position: Healthy Corner Store Intervention Project
The Department of Kinesiology and Nutrition at the University of Illinois (UIC) and the Inner City Muslim Action Network (IMAN) invite applications for a hourly research assistant position (10 hours per week; approximately November 15, 2013 to February 1, 2014) to assist with formative evaluation and curriculum development for “Muslim Run”, a healthy corner store intervention targeting small immigrant owned stores on Chicago’s Southwest Side.
The successful candidate for this position will assist UIC and IMAN staff in developing interview protocols; conducting interviews with store owners; providing feedback on successful models and marketing approaches for small/immigrant business owners; and helping develop a business owner curriculum to improve retail food sales.
The successful candidate should have the following required qualifications:
- Associates, Bachelors, or Master’s degree in Business or equivalent experience
- Experience with conducting qualitative interviews
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Fluent in Arabic and English
- Have or be willing human subjects training
- Strong computer skills and competency with Microsoft Office software.
- Good organizational skills in order to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to grasp and understand new concepts readily.
- Highly flexible.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Highly motivated and energetic while maintaining a positive vision, sense of humor, and professional demeanor under potentially stressful situations.
How To Apply: Please send resume to Angela Odoms-Young, PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Kinesiology and Nutrition at email@example.com.
Compensation: $12.00 – $19.50 per hour depending on experience.