To apply for this position, please visit our listing on Indeed.
Position: Grants Manager (Chicago)
BASIC JOB FUNCTION:
IMAN is seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Grants Manager who will be responsible for managing the grants process, which includes, but is not limited to prospecting new grant opportunities, writing proposals for submission, and grant reporting for a multi-sector, mid-sized nonprofit organization experiencing rapid growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead grant opportunities from local, state, and federal governmental entities; as well as private and corporate foundations
- Prepare grant proposals and reports in conjunction with program staff
- Manage grants calendar and grant development processes on databases and shared drives
- Maintain foundation donor records on eTapestry
- Acknowledge donations from foundations
- Collaborates with IMAN Communications Departments to develop publicity campaigns for grants and other foundation-related initiatives to promote year-long fundraising
- Facilitate foundation site visits, tours, and informational sessions
- Support and lead other foundation cultivation strategies
- Delegate tasks to and evaluates performance of grants team
- Enforce regulatory compliance with grants deliverables timelines
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3-5 years of successful experience in grant writing and fundraising required
- Strong data analysis & interpretation skills, and can manage within short timeframes
- Working knowledge of donor data management systems; experience with eTapestry a plus
- Proven track record of developing and understanding program and/or organizational budgets
- Extraordinary attention to detail and experience with organizational, state, and federal grants policies and procedures
- Thrives in fast-paced settings
- Strong organization and time management, coupled with the ability to comply with multiple deliverables timelines
- Possesses capability to manage individual and team projects.
- Strong presentation and networking skills
- Commitment to IMAN’s core values, including experience working with diverse ethnic, religious, and racial communities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nonprofit Management, Business, Project Management, English, Journalism, Communications, or related field required
- Master’s Degree preferred
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work for extended hours with a computer.
Inner-City Muslim Action Network is an equal employment opportunity employer dedicated to the fair and equal treatment of all of its employees without regard to age, gender, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, disability, political or union affiliation, maternity status, parental status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.