To apply for this position, please visit our listing on Indeed.
Project Management: 3 years (Preferred)
Full Job Description
BASIC JOB FUNCTION:
The Senior Manager position is part of the newly formed Strategic Initiatives department at the Inner-City Muslim Action Network (IMAN) – a community organization that fosters health, wellness, and healing in the inner-city. The Strategic Initiatives Department (SID) leads the organizations innovation and mission advancement opportunities such as Go Green On Racine (www.gogreenonracine.org), Go Green Community Fresh Market, The Regenerator, Weekend Warriors, Legal Clinic, and more. The Strategic Initiatives Senior Manager will work with the Director of Strategic Initiatives to drive strategic projects from the ideation phase to fully operational, stable programs. The full department team will have complete responsibility for creation, management, and launch of initiatives.
A successful Senior Manager will require development-related expertise with a strategy and innovation orientation, strong research and writing skills, the ability to develop financial models and presentation materials, and the drive to independently develop and advance initiatives while maintaining a high degree of cross organizational alignment and connectivity. While this role is focused on project development, a strong candidate will also be able to demonstrate good project management skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead Strategic Initiatives projects through all phases of innovation, incubation, and institutionalization (i.e. from initial idea stage through launch and stabilization);
- Develop written proposals, strategic plans, financial models, impact & evaluation plans, PowerPoints, and other necessary materials throughout the phase-cycle of Strategic Initiatives;
- Ideate solutions and have a strategic outlook towards addressing systemic issues through strategic initiatives;
- Engage with key stakeholders including partner organizations, funders, government officials, residents, and community leaders;
- Work in cohesion and alignment with the strategic objectives and staff members of other IMAN departments;
- Manage a range of internal and external contributors and technical experts for initiatives;
- Advance and drive initiatives through their actual implementation.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 4 years working in a relevant position including but not limited to entrepreneurship, management consulting, non-profit development (strategy, finance, etc.), social impact, strategy consulting, etc;
- Deeply invested and committed to improving quality of lif e and solving systemic issues on Chicago’s South Side;
- Strong technical skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Prezzi, etc.), financial acumen, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities;
- Strong project management skills;
- Personal characteristics: self-starter, hard-working, detail-oriented, organized, personable, approachable, and accountable;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, urban planning, economics, finance, social impact, or another relevant field required;
- Master’s Degree in relevant field preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time;
- Ability to work for extended hours with a computer.
Inner-City Muslim Action Network is an equal employment opportunity employer dedicated to the fair and equal treatment of all of its employees without regard to age, gender, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, disability, political or union affiliation, maternity status, parental status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Related keywords: project manager
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $67,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
IMAN takes precautions to avoid the spread of COVID-19 by adhering to COVID-19 protocols and procedures. We promote social distancing, masking, and recommend washing hands often.
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- strategic management: 4 years (Preferred)
- Project Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- One location
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings