Accounting & Administrative Clerk
Inner-City Muslim Action Network (IMAN) is looking for a part time Accounting and Administrative Clerk. Flexible schedule available but must be 25 to 30 hours a week, Monday through Friday during daytime hours. Duties include computing, classifying, and recording numerical data to keep financial records complete. Performing any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records. May also check the accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings pertaining to business transactions recorded by other workers. This individual will also be performing various human resources administrative tasks.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, store, and analyze information.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers.
- Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
- Operate 10-key calculators, typewriters, and copy machines to perform calculations and produce documents.
- Receive, record, and bank cash, checks, and vouchers.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Compile statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses.
- Code documents according to company procedures.
- Reconcile or note and report discrepancies found in records.
- Assist with the administration of employee benefit programs and other duties related to human resources.
- Liaise with Operations Department on compliance issues related to vendors, insurance and permitting processes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
|Interpersonal Skills||Oral Communication Skills|
|Written Communication Skills||Comprehension Skills|
To perform this job successfully, an individual must understand purpose of internal controls and be able to independently perform quality analysis. Applicant must be self-directed, detailed oriented with strong demonstrated problem solving abilities and a focus on continuous improvement. be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Two to four years related experience and/or training ; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum Associates Degree in Business or related field preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated familiarity with basic human resources functions.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail and strong organizational skills, especially in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints; strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrate responsiveness, tact, diplomacy, good judgment, and confidentiality in communications with all levels of personnel, clients, and outside vendors.
- Demonstrated success in problem solving with an emphasis on customer satisfaction.