Arts and Culture Program Coordinator
The Program Coordinator for Arts and Culture will be responsible for the daily tasks associated with Chicago based arts programming including: Community Café and workshop coordination, lead support for Arts Socials, support for Streets, community outreach including web/social media, and volunteer coordination. Included in these tasks will be logistical, administrative, and communications responsibilities. The position is full-time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordination of Chicago Community Cafés and accompanying Workshops, especially logistics and administration
- Coordination of new Arts Social series engaging local artists; logistics and administration
- Volunteer recruitment and coordination for Community Cafés and Takin’ It to the Streets
- Outreach/promotion to specific communities, partners, and leaders for Community Cafés, Arts Socials and Takin’ It to the Streets, including in-person and web/social media
- Regular maintenance of Arts website and Arts social media outlets
- Administrative and logistical support for National Community Cafés, International Artist Exchanges and special events.
- Maintain Arts databases
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
- Excellent Administrative and Organizational Skills
- Excellent Written and Spoken Communication Skills
- Existing knowledge of diverse art disciplines and genres
- Intimate familiarity with Muslim communities
- Ability to work Independently and be Innovative and Efficient in executing tasks
- Strong familiarity with social media platforms
- Experience with graphic design, digital media, and web development a plus*
- Technical experience with audio and video a plus*
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelors Degree in Arts, Administration or related field.
The ideal candidate will have 2 – 3 years of experience in any of the following: Event Organizing, Administrative work in the Arts, Marketing/Promotions.