Atlanta Regional Community Organizer
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help facilitate IMAN’s organizing trainings in other cities.
- Lay the foundation for developing a holistic replication of IMAN’s model.
- Develop and implement effective strategies for building a diverse Atlanta base of leaders.
- Build and sustain relationships with diverse coalitions across Atlanta; develop leadership and sense of empowerment amongst leaders and community.
- Work and communicate with Director of Organizing & Youth, and coalition partners/allies to coordinate actions/campaigns.
- Represent IMAN at coalition meetings, conferences and special events with regional organizers connected to the Casey Equal Voice Network and similar national alliances.
- Develop and maintain intake and training program for leadership development of volunteers and leaders.
- Build strategic alliances with community organizations, religious groups, public officials, campaign allies and other community stakeholders.
- Engage broader Muslim communities in and around IMAN’s social justice campaigns.
- Work closely with Executive Director to build the foundation for a sustainable model in Atlanta that will draw from private and public funding options.
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree but MA in related field is preferred. Three to five years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong interest in and commitment to community organizing and social, economic and racial justice
- Deep knowledge of Atlanta, its neighborhoods, residents, and surrounding communities
- Experience managing staff, volunteers and associated budgets
- Experience with philanthropy at a local and national level
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal
- Group facilitation skills
- An ability to work effectively in a multicultural setting
- Intimate familiarity with and a proven track record navigating diverse sectors of the Muslim community
- Must be able to work some weekends and evenings, and have reliable transportation