Director of Development
IMAN is a community organization that works for social justice, delivers a range of direct services and cultivates the arts in urban communities. The Director of Development will lead IMAN’s resource development program including grant development, major gifts, annual giving, donor relations and fundraising support.
The Director of Development will be a self-motivated professional with responsibility for designing, managing and executing IMAN’s development program including infrastructure, processes and staff to support fundraising aligned with IMAN’s strategic plan and annual priorities.
Reporting to the Deputy Director, the Director of Development will be a member of the senior management team and will have the following responsibilities:
1. Prepare grant proposals and reports in conjunction with program staff, coordinate with Finance Department to secure budgets and financial reports, compile ancillary materials to support proposal submissions, manage grant calendar and proposal status report, identify new funding and sponsorship opportunities, lead proposal vetting and approval process, coordinate site visits and serve as liaison with funders.
2. Work closely with IMAN’s communications department on online appeals, donor recognition strategies, publicity for grants, and other communications to support fundraising.
3. Provide operational support for IMAN’s individual giving program, including cultivation events, private dinners, small fundraising events, and Ramadan Drive (mosque outreach, Iftars, mail and online solicitation programs).
4. Coordinate and participate with Executive Director and Deputy Director on donor cultivation and solicitation.
5. Provide oversight and hands-on support with eTapestry to manage donor profiles, prepare reports and ensure timely preparation of gift acknowledgments.
6. Manage and/or assist with year-end fundraising event.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5-7 years of successful experience in development and grant writing
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Extraordinary attention to detail and process
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Commitment to IMAN’s core values, including experience working with diverse ethnic, religious, and racial communities
Competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate.