Click here to download the full job description
The Grants Manager will be responsible for managing the grants process, which includes, but is not limited to prospecting new grant opportunities, writing proposals for submission, and grant reporting.
Essential Job Duties:
- Research grant opportunities from City of Chicago, Cook County, State of Illinois and federal government entities; as well as family and corporate foundations.
- Prepare grant proposals and reports in conjunction with program staff.
- Manage grant calendar.
- Manage the processes on databases and shared drives.
- Work closely with IMAN’s communications department on publicity for grants and other communications to support fundraising.
- Other tasks as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or related field required
- 3-5 years of successful experience in grant writing and fundraising required
- Knowledge of and experience with donor data management systems; experience with eTapestry a plus
- The ability to develop and understand program and organizational budgets
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills
- Extraordinary attention to detail and process
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Strong presentation and networking skills
- Excellent organizational, time management and follow-through skills. Ability to work independently and willingness to be a part of a team
- Commitment to IMAN’s core values, including experience working with diverse ethnic, religious, and racial communities
Please send resume and cover letter to Senior Director Harriet Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org.