This is a full-time position. Candidate is expected to work 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday; occasional weekend and overnight availability is also requested.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform general cleanup of areas of IMAN’s buildings as directed.
- Cleaning and sanitizing offices, meeting rooms, bathrooms, kitchens, dining rooms and public areas.
- Complete non-routine upkeep of exterior areas, green space and parking lot.
- Remove garbage and recycling daily.
- Handle emergency cleaning and upkeep requests.
- Sweeps, vacuums, mops, scrubs, waxes and polishes floors using industrial vacuum cleaners and scrubbing and buffing machines.
- Sometimes using ladders, dusts and washes walls, cleans ceilings and dusts and polishes light fixtures.
- Moves cabinets, boxes, furniture, crates and equipment to clean areas.
- May remove stains from such surfaces as rugs, drapes, walls, and floors using chemicals and cleaning solutions.
- May also sweep walks, rake leaves, cut grass, remove snow or perform other incidental seasonal tasks.
- High school graduate
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision
- Capacity to take direction
- Previous experience in a janitorial position is preferred