The Medical Administrative Assistant is a full-time role that works to provide excellent customer service to clinic patients, as well as excellent communication with medical staff and clinic administrators. They are responsible for ensuring accurate patient billing records and that the front desk operates smoothly.
The Medical Administrative Assistant will work 40 hours per week. Depending upon the needs of the clinic, he or she may have to work evenings, or weekends. During the course of a normal workday, the Medical Administrative Assistant will perform much of the clerical work required to keep the clinic running efficiently.
Duties and Responsibilities
Verifying eligibility for Medicaid and/or subsidized insurance
Assisting patients with enrollment into Medicaid or subsidized insurance as appropriate
Ensuring that all patient visits have billing documentation that is then accurately input into the billing system
Ensuring proper referrals
Collect all co-pays and patient fees (cash, check, or credit card), as applicable.
Assisting in maintaining patient files in accordance with various governmental and practice standards
Obtaining physician and patient authorization to release medical records
Accurately entering patient information into the billing system and ensuring accurate coding
- Must have a CMAA from a program accredited by either the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
- Excellent communication and literacy skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc)
- Very detailed oriented
- Comfortable handling money and maintaining accurate transaction records
- Stay current on all regulations and policies regarding the collection, storage, and dissemination of sensitive patient data
- Comprehensive understanding of medical terminology, body structure, kinesiology, healthcare laws, pharmacology, and ethics
- Must be familiar with medical coding, insurance billing practices, and the billing software used in the clinic
- Please electronically submit a cover letter with salary history and resume in .doc, .docx or .pdf format.
- **The candidate selected for this position is required to undergo a drug screening test prior to a final offer of employment being made.**