The Nurse Practitioner (NP) is responsible for providing primary health care to patients of the Inner-City Muslim Action Network (IMAN) Health Clinic. The NP manages a caseload of patients and exercises autonomous decision making in the assessment, diagnosis and initiation of delegated medical treatments.
External Job Duties
- Provides comprehensive direct patient care management.
- Gathers pertinent information systematically and skillfully from all sources: history, diagnostic tests, comprehensive physical examination and psychosocial assessment.
- Analyzes multiple sources of data in making clinical judgments and in determining the effectiveness of a plan of care.
- Formulates a plan of care in collaboration with the client, family, physician and other members of the health care team.
- Plans and implements appropriate pharmacological therapies.
- Accurately and appropriately performs routine diagnostic and therapeutic techniques according to established protocols and standardized procedures.
- Complies with medical care standards including all applicable state and federal rules and regulations. Follows all applicable laws and standards regarding confidentiality.
- Completes medical records according to IMAN policy. Cooperate with Health Information systems support in maintenance of clinic information and records.
- Makes recommendations to the medical administration and clinic management staff regarding clinic goals and services.
- Demonstrates effective use of verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills using strategies that promote problem resolution.
- Represents the clinic services to supporters, colleagues and other interested parties.
- M.S. degree from accredited nursing school, nurse practitioner track.
- Certified or eligible for certification as an Advanced Practice Nurse by a national certifying body as approved by the Illinois Department of Regulation APN Board, in Family Practice, Pediatrics, Adult, Geriatric, Obstetrics/Gynecology or another approved specialty.
- Current and valid Illinois license as an Advance Practice Nurse.
- 2-4 years of experience required.
- Experience working in community health clinic with diverse populations is preferred, but not required.
- Familiarity with and a proven track record of navigating diverse sectors of the Muslim community is preferred, but not required.
- Willingness and enthusiasm to be part of a long term organizational building effort.
Competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate