Volunteer Engagement Coordinator
IMAN seeks a dynamic, proactive and nimble candidate for Volunteer Engagement Coordinator, a position that organizes IMAN’s efforts to engage a wide audience in its critical social justice work. The Volunteer Engagement Coordinator will report to the Director of Community Relations and work closely with the entire Development Department and other department staff to create and enhance programming that offers opportunities for IMAN’s broader community to have hands-on engagement with IMAN’s work, as well as to more meaningfully build relationships with IMAN staff and leaders.
A successful candidate will have past experience with volunteer coordination for other non-profit efforts and will be willing to undergo volunteer engagement training as a component of his/her development at IMAN. This will be a full-time position, operating from IMAN’s Chicago headquarters.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with department staff to identify/create volunteer opportunities.
- Help to identify and implement new ways to meaningfully engage constituents.
- Manage volunteer intake, on-boarding and tracking.
- Create and maintain system for consistently tracking volunteer information and engagement.
- Work with HR and other departments to create and implement formal volunteer on-
- Maintain contact with past volunteers as appropriate to keep them engaged/informed.
- Help to plan and implement events that give volunteers hands-on opportunities to engage IMAN’s work (i.e. health fairs, Alternative Spring Break trips, service days, etc.).
- Develop opportunities for volunteers to build/deepen relationships with IMAN leaders and staff.
- Work with IMAN department staff to identify volunteer opportunities in each department.
- Coordinate teams of volunteers for organizational events.
- Work with Organizing Department to integrate volunteer efforts with those of established leaders.
- Help to develop and implement formal structure and curriculum for internships, externships, fellowships and other long-term volunteer opportunities (i.e. field placements, etc.).
- Help to create and utilize appropriate tools to evaluate long-tem volunteer positions.
Volunteer On-boarding, Tracking, and Oversight
Volunteer Engagement Experiences
Long-term Volunteer Opportunities
- Bachelors Degree in non-profit management, business administration, human resources, or relevant field preferred.
- Demonstrated experience managing volunteers.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and evaluating events, from conception to execution.
- Familiarity with and comfort working with various database systems.
- Demonstrated experience working for a fast-paced, multifaceted organization; non-profit work experience preferred.
- Excellent communicator, both orally and written.
- Attention to detail and accuracy a must.
- Intimate familiarity with and a proven track record of navigating diverse sectors of the American Muslim community.
- Willingness and enthusiasm to be part of a long-term organizational building effort.
Competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate.