Public Safety Officer-Chicago
This position is under the direct supervision of the Operations and Facilities Manager and is responsible for the protection, safeguarding and security of assets, personnel, customers and all visitors. This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, with a varying 8-10 hour work day schedule which can begin as early as 7:00am. There will also be the need for occasional evening and weekend work as job duties demand.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs security patrols.
- Ensure the security, safety well-being of all personnel, visitors and the premises.
- Adhere to all organization’s service and operating standards.
- Protects property from theft, embezzlement, sabotage, fire and accidents.
- Investigates and writes reports on accidents, incidents, suspicious activities, safety and fire hazards and other security related situations.
- Provides any needed assistance to customers, employees and visitors following the department’s procedures.
- Follow procedures for various emergency preparedness, including fire prevention, property patrol, traffic control and accident investigations
- May perform other related duties as assigned by the Operations and Facilities Manager.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Security/law enforcement experience.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. At least 21 years of age.
3. Good working knowledge of security operations, safety practices in a business environment and enforcement procedures.
- Attention to detail and process
- Routine use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team
- Commitment to IMAN’s core values
- Experience working with diverse ethnic, religious, and racial communities
TO APPLY, SEND COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO