“No flamin’ hots or bulletproof glass”: Welcome to the Go Green Community Fresh Market!
Welcome to the Grand Opening of our
Go Green Community Fresh Market!
The Fresh Market is a model corner grocery store building power in the neighborhood as an economic tool for the community. The new store is a part of the Go Green On Racine initiative, which is a multi-development plan meant to revitalize the local economy, increase local resources, and enhance the overall quality of life for local residents.
Urban farmers, local food vendors and entrepreneurs will also sell their products through the market, which will feature a food kiosk with an in-house chef and wellness classes.
The launch of the Fresh Market is the critical first step of Go Green On Racine which is a partnership between IMAN, Teamwork Englewood, Resident Association of Greater Englewood (R.A.G.E), and E.G. Woode. Funding for the market was secured from contributions from the City of Chicago and several other private investments.
- CHICAGO TRIBUNE: 25 years in the making, Englewood opens the Go Green Community Fresh Market, a new vision of the corner store: ‘It’s truly a breath of fresh air.’
- BLOCK CLUB CHI: Newly Opened Go Green Community Fresh Market In Englewood Hailed As A ‘Milestone’ After Years Of Work
- NBC7: New Englewood Grocery Store Prioritizes Fresh Food
- WBEZ: No flamin’ hots or bulletproof glass: A new model for a corner store opens in Englewood
- WGN9: Go Green Fresh Market opens in Englewood
please follow the Fresh Market on Instagram here.