The Medical Director is a full-time position that reports to the Executive Director and provides leadership and oversight to all aspects of clinical care and to all licensed independent providers (employees, contractors and volunteers) including nurse practitioners, physician assistants, dentists, behavioral health providers. This position provides direct primary care and fulfills administrative duties. The position works collaboratively with the Director, Health Center Operations to achieve clinical, financial and operational outcomes.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with Director, Health Center Operations and other IMAN executives and staff, ensures implementation of IMAN’s health center program strategies, including clinical, operational, and financial results.
- Provides complete, comprehensive, family-oriented outpatient care in all lifecycles.
- Performs and oversees quality assurance activities. Is key physician leader in clinical and utilization review, case management and related policy and practice initiatives.
- Works directly with Executive Director, Dir. Health Center Operations, Senior Director.
- Fulfills regulatory requirements or authorizations that require physician leadership. Provides direction to health center program, including developing clinical practice guidelines.
- Prepares reports to Board and Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement committee.
- Supervises physicians and mid-level providers including volunteers. Participates in and directs provider and staff clinical quality team meetings.
- Establishes and maintains linkages with hospital, pharmacy and community referral entities; establishes and maintains positive relationships with local medical community.
- MD or equivalent degree, plus an unrestricted Illinois medical license.
- Must be board-certified or board-eligible in pediatrics, family medicine, or internal medicine.
- 5+ years of direct patient care in primary care practice, experience successfully managing people and programs in safety net health services, and prior success as a medical director in a community health center or similar environment.
- Bilingual for patient care: English plus Arabic and/or Spanish.
- Interpersonal skills to work productively with all levels of health center personnel and outside agencies
- Ability to work as an effective team member and independently
- Sound judgment and initiative
- Commitment to confidentiality
- Knowledge of rules, regulations and standards relative to quality assurance, safety, infection control, clinical protocols and guidelines
- Ability to guide quality improvement activities
- Commitment to IMAN’s core values, including experience working with diverse ethnic, religious, and racial communities
TO APPLY, SEND COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO